When the general public thinks about two-way radios they often attribute them to transportation and public safety sectors. However, for business critical information they are the most cost-effective and instant form of communication out there. What about cell phones you ask? A standard cell phone is not able to instantly send a message to multiple users in emergency situations, nor can it stand up to harsh work environments like a two-way radio.
Digital two-way radios have many features and applications designed for a variety of industries. There are applications that sync your radios to work order tickets for hospitality software, and security features for people working alone or in remote locations.
Here are the top 5 reasons why two-way radios are better than cell phones for your business:
- Cost of Ownership - cell phones are not built to handle rugged environments, and over a five year period can incur a 50% higher cost of ownership than rugged devices such as two-way radios (i).
- Enhanced Worker Safety - radios are always on and make it easy to check in on staff or for staff to communicate in the event of an emergency. In addition, there are many features such as Man Down and Lone Worker that can send an alert in case of an emergency.
- Battery Life and Management - two-way radio batteries last longer than commercial cell phones and can be easily swapped out when running low – you can’t do that with most smartphones.
- Durability - there is a radio designed for the specific needs of your industry whether you require water resistance or work in harsh environments.
- Reliability - there are times when cell towers get overloaded and calls can’t get through, or when you need to notify a group of people instantly – no matter what, two-way radios are more reliable so that you can get the job done.
It doesn’t stop there, regardless of your industry two-way radios can benefit you! Instantly download your free eBook, MOTOTRBO™ Two-Way Radios vs. Cell Phones for the full story.